Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm Back!


I took a week off because I was going to the local county fair almost every day and still had to keep house, too! So this is one thing that I could neglect and not feel too bad about ;)

Fair week was a lot of fun, as usual! I spent most of my time at the maple syrup tent where a family from our church sells maple products! Its a great place to crash and sit in front of some fans and talk to some great people! I know MANY people find that tent a huge blessing!


Nathaniel really enjoyed seeing the animals, of course! We stood by the pigs for probably 15-20 minutes or so while I chatted with a friend and he picked up the pig sound! :P An accurate one, I might add ;)


Thursday I horse showed there. I hadn't shown in about 5 years! I don't specifically remember the date of my last show. I'm probably going to be bringing all my old ribbons here (that are still in my old room) because Tim is very proud of them and keeps asking me when I'm going to hang the ribbons I acquired on Thursday up! So this is about how my day went:

  • 3:30AM - Alarm goes off and I get up.
  • 4:00AM - I leave for the barn
  • 4:45ishAM - Arrive at barn. Bring Walker (the horse) in and feed him. Hang around for a while talking with people who are there getting their horses ready.
  • 5:45AM - Trailers pull out of barn driveway.
  • 6:15ishAM - Arrive at the fairgrounds. Get horses settled into stalls. Start getting tacked up for schooling.
  • 7:00ishAM - School.
  • 7:40ishAM - Back to stall for a short rest and so I can get ready (hair, shirt, coat, number, etc).
  • 8:10ishAM - Get back on and have my first two over fences classes. Place 2nd and 3rd out of four. Not bad! :)
  • Go back to the stall for another rest.
  • Tim, Nathaniel and Stasia get there.
  • Get back on and finish my classes. I did extremely well. Especially, considering that I only rode once in the three weeks leading up to the show! :P I placed in 8 out of 9 classes--and some of those classes had 24 people in them! Not too shabby! God was very good to bless me with good rides and the ribbons to show it! Walker ended up winning the flat portion of the Adult Hunter division and with my 2nd and 3rd places in the over fences classes qualified us for the Reserve Champion ribbon and prize (which is basically second place Champion :P). I even placed third in the county rider equitation class! I won that class probably 5 or 6 years ago.
Yesterday, I worked on a muslin for a sack coat for Nathaniel. Our next event is in October and I'm suspecting that it might be kind of chilly, so I want him to have something warm to wear. I think I'm going to take my old cape (that's not really that authentic) and use that for the wool fabric for it. I already took it apart from the lining, so it's going to be turned into that or maybe a hood for myself. I can't decide. It will depend on how my items that I'm going to sell on eBay do. I'm selling off a bunch of my old riding breeches, coat, and show shirt. And a few other things. I plan on taking some of it and buying a helmet bag for my new helmet and a boot bag (to protect them) as well as some wool and maybe some silk for a ball gown? We'll just have to see how much money I get from it all and what has good prices at the time, etc! Well, that's pretty much all that's been going on with me recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment