Monday, August 10, 2009

Blogging, Reenacting and Baking

I'm still slowly getting into the swing of blogging, for one thing, I'm not sure anyone actually is reading this at all :P I keep thinking of all these great deep (or more deep than this post will be ;) blog topics and then I forget them. In fact, I can't think of ONE that I've thought of, at this moment! :P So I'm going to start writing them DOWN!

This past weekend we did a reenactment. We did day trips since we live close-ish. It was a great event, even though the numbers were a little low this year. I think the economy is really affecting this hobby. But anyway, the weather was SUPER nice on Saturday. It was very sunny so I did get a little burnt, but I ate a LOT of butter when we got back in and on my mashed potatoes and I hardly had any problems with it on Sunday. Today I've had a bit of pain on my neck where my hair rubs, but I changed my hair to a ponytail--rather than the loose bun at the base of my neck--and it hasn't bothered me :) I really need to stop being lazy about sewing and just get my machine out and FINISH my corded sunbonnet that I started! Its not finished because right after I started it, I got pregnant and I was SOOOOO tired! Then I ended up miscarrying and I just haven't picked it up since. I didn't take any pictures on Saturday as I was sitting around with Mel and Ruthie from the 4th Virginia, having a marvelous time. Nathaniel was so super good both days!

Sunday was strange weather, it was cold but rather sticky-sweaty. Not terribly pleasant, but the temperature wasn't that bad at all. Here are some pictures of Sunday's battle:

Captain Beers of the 26th Texas dismounted Cavalry and Captain Keator of the 4th Virginia Infantry


The 4th Virginia
The 26th TX...sorta. Tim and Dennis are the only official members that were there. The rest were "stragglers"

Confederate Cannons


I spent my day today re-organizing the corner in Nathaniel's room where I store all his old clothes, upcoming clothes, and off season clothes of mine. I vacuumed our bedroom as it needed all the cob/spider webs taken down! It was getting REALLY bad in there! Of course the Adirondack siding that we have on our walls is a spider's playground!


I also made some peanut butter cookies tonight. They are of course sugar-free as well as wheat free. I do most of my baking with brown rice flour. I like them a lot. Tim likes them more :P If you're not used to sugar-free cooking, you'd find it more like a sweet peanut butter biscuit. If you are used to things sweetened with apple juice/sauce, etc, I think you'd find this recipe quite tasty! Someday I'll post it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment