Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Being Adventurous in the Kitchen

Yesterday afternoon I decided to be a little more imaginative in my kitchen. We are at the end of our 2 weeks (we grocery shop every other week) and our "exciting" meat is mostly gone. Ground beef is mostly what we have and cheeseburgers are getting old. A few weeks ago, I discovered a recipe for a creamy-potato-ham-broccoli creation on www.allrecipes.com. It was super yummy, BUT it called for a jar of alfredo sauce. The problem with that is A) its processed and B) it contained modified corn starch (as well as some other pretties). Since Nathaniel can't have grains (gives him diaper rash) that makes it a "no-no". I could make my own, but the meal is already a fair amount of work with cubing ham, slicing potatoes, etc. So last night, I decided to let my imagination go and not look for yet another recipe. I'm a "by-the-directions" kinda girl, so a lot of times, I'm not very adventurous or creative. I'm working on it, though ;) I came up with a very similar recipe; a ground beef, broccoli, potato, cheese, garlic-white sauce recipe. Other than it needing a little bit of salt on the plate, it was fantastic! A one dish meal and a tasty one at that! Another keeper to add to my list of recipes! So lets all encourage eachother to be creative in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment